About the Walk
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes research worldwide. We work to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure this devastating disease. JDRF is the only organization with a plan, the scientific resources, and the influence to deliver on the promise to reduce the impact of type 1 diabetes.
But it’s expensive.
That’s why we need your help more than ever— so that we can reach our goal of a world without type 1 diabetes. The Walk to Cure Diabetes is JDRF’s largest fundraising event. In Northeast Ohio last year, with over 7,000 people participating in the Walk To Cure Diabetes, our chapter raised over $1 Million to support T1D research
JDRF’s research focuses on key therapies that hold significant promise in preventing, treating and curing T1D, but driving these significant advances takes funding. That’s why we ask you to join the Walk to Cure Diabetes with us. Sign up for the Walk and become a team captain, then invite people to participate on your walk team and ask for donations.
How To Register
1. Click here to register!
2. Under Register for A Walk Now! select OH for the state and click on Find Walk.
3. Select either the Canton (Kent State Stark Campus) or Cleveland (Cleveland Metroparks Zoo).
4. Click Register for the Walk! If you are a returning team you will select the join or re-create a team.
5. If you are a new team, you will select create a new team.
6. The system is set-up to walk through the rest of the steps, but if you are have a problem contact JDRF at 216-524-6000.
Family Team Resources
Family Team Guide
New Family Team Brochure
Returning Family Team Brochure
Sponsorship Family Form
Family Team Events Blog
Corporate Team Resources
Corporate Team Guide
Corporate Teaming Up
Cleveland Walk Sponsorship
Kent Walk Sponsorship